The SoftBank Group is engaged in various other businesses, including robotics and the Fukuoka SoftBank HAWKS related business.
SoftBank Robotics Group Corp.
Working to be the world's No.1 robotics company
- Holding company of the robotics business in the SoftBank Group.
- Management activities with the objective of investing in and growing subsidiaries and research and development activities of robot products.
SoftBank Robotics Group is an intermediate holding company that oversees the robotics business, a key area of focus for the SoftBank Group.
With offices in Japan, France, the U.S. and China, the company is leading the industry in the technology field, conducting activities related to the development and research of robotic products. Companies within the group provide humanoid robots “Pepper” and “NAO”, robotics-related products and services, AI technology, and other offerings, such as floor cleaning machines equipped with autonomous driving technology.
Fukuoka SoftBank HAWKS Corp.
Going for No.1, spreading excitement worldwide
- Ownership of professional baseball team and operation of baseball games
- Management and maintenance of a baseball stadium and other sports facilities
- Visual, audio and data content distribution services that use various media platforms
SoftBank started the Fukuoka SoftBank HAWKS professional baseball team in January 2005 due to a strong desire to trigger a revolution in professional baseball, and to create a more entertaining baseball experience in Japan and around the world.
The team picked up their first Pacific League Championship victory in 2010, going on to win both the Pacific League Championship and SMBC Nippon Series Championship in 2011, 2014, 2015, and 2017, standing tall as Japan's No.1 team. As a provider of real entertainment, SoftBank going forward will continue to manage the Fukuoka SoftBank HAWKS and promote businesses leveraging its baseball team.
SB Energy Corp.
To realize an affluent society that children can be proud of
- Generation of electricity from renewable energy sources, supply and sale of electricity
With the aim of promoting the increased use of renewable energy through mega solar power plants and wind power plants, SB Energy constructs and operates renewable energy power plants by utilizing public and private land throughout Japan.
Innovating professional media
- Operation of comprehensive IT information site ITmedia
To deliver needed, specialized information and services in a targeted manner, ITmedia categorizes huge volumes of diverse information and operates this content on its websites according to usage purpose while emphasizing ease-of-use. As it taps into the continuing flow of technological evolution, ITmedia aims to continue growing as an innovative media outlet while expanding its scope into new areas.
Creating convenience and fun
- Operation, sale and marketing of online games
- PC software sales through downloading, etc.
Vector operates Japan's largest software download site, through which it primarily operates an online game business for mobile phones and PCs, as well as a software sales business and an advertising sales business.