The SoftBank Group is a corporate group comprising the pure holding company SoftBank Group Corp. and 1,302 subsidiaries (as of March 31, 2019).
A pure holding company
Major equity method associates
- *The shares of voting rights in the subsidiaries and associates shown above are current as of March 31, 2019.
- *1SoftBank Corp. was listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange on December 19, 2018. SoftBank Group Japan Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, sold a portion of its holdings of SoftBank Corp.
- *2On April 29, 2018, Sprint and T-Mobile entered into a definitive agreement to merge in an all-stock transaction (the “Transaction”). Upon completion of the Transaction, the combined company is expected to become an equity method associate of the Company, and Sprint will no longer be a subsidiary of the Company. Starburst and Galaxy will merge with Huron Merger Sub LLC, a U.S. subsidiary owned directly by T-Mobile, with Huron Merger Sub LLC being a surviving company and Starburst and Galaxy being dissolved. The Transaction is subject to Sprint and T-Mobile stockholder approvals, regulatory approvals, and other customary closing conditions. The Transaction is expected to receive federal regulatory approval in the first half of 2019.
- *3On August 9, 2018, a tender offer by Yahoo Japan for its own shares was completed and SoftBank Group Japan Corporation sold a portion of shares in Yahoo Japan. On August 9, 2018, SoftBank Corp. acquired Yahoo Japan shares by way of tender offer implemented by SoftBank Corp. On June 5, 2019, a tender offer by Yahoo Japan for its own shares was completed and SoftBank Group Japan Corporation sold a portion of shares in Yahoo Japan. On June 27, 2019, SoftBank Corp. additionally acquired new shares issued by Yahoo Japan through a third-party allotment, with the intention of making Yahoo Japan its consolidated subsidiary.
- *4Skywalk Finance GK has borrowed using collateral of Alibaba shares.
- *5On June 3, 2019, West Raptor Holdings, LLC sold a portion of its holding of Alibaba.