Announcement Regarding Revision of Non-consolidated Results Forecast for Fiscal Year 2002Apr. 26, 2002
We have revised our non-consolidated results forecast for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2002 (hereinafter referred to as “Fiscal Year 2002”), which was made public at our announcement of interim financial statements on October 26, 2001 as follows:
1. Revisions to the Non-consolidated Results Forecast for Fiscal Year 2002
|Sales||Ordinary Income /(loss)||Net Income /(loss)|
|Formerly announced forecast (A)||-||(3,500)||(9,900)|
|Revised forecast (B)||-||2,600||(31,900)|
|Percentage change (%)||-||-||-|
|(For reference) Results for the previous fiscal year (ended March 31, 2001)||-||7,904||4,808|
2. Reasons for Revision
(1) An increase in non-consolidated ordinary income is mainly due to the depreciation of yen toward the end of Fiscal Year 2002, compared to the end of September 2001; exchange gain of 7,800 million yen (4,500 million yen after tax) is expected to be recognized as non-operating income regarding the U.S. dollar denominated loan receivables from our overseas subsidiaries and others for the second half.
(2) A decrease in net income is mainly due to the following two reasons
1. Loss on valuation of investment securities of 38,500 million yen (22,300 million yen after tax) is expected to be recognized for a wholly-owned subsidiary, SBIS Corporation Pte Ltd (Headquarter: Singapore; Representative: Masayoshi Son; hereinafter referred to as “SBIS”). This results from the loss on valuation of SBIS’s holding in Asia Global Crossing Ltd.
2. Allowance for bad debt of 4,800 million yen (2,800 million yen after tax) is expected to be recognized for a part of loan receivables from our overseas subsidiary.
3. Regarding the year-end dividend
We will pay 7 yen per share as the year-end dividend for Fiscal Year 2002 as scheduled.
This Press Release may contain “material information” as defined in Article 166 of the Securities and Exchange Law (“Material Information”). Please note that any person who has obtained information by reading a Press Release (including this one) containing Material Information may be subject to the “Insider Trading” Law if such person engages in purchase or sale of securities of the Company and/or affiliates thereof, within twelve (12) hours of the release of such Material Information pursuant to the Cabinet Order for Enforcement of the Securities and Exchange Law.
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.