About Setting of Limitation to Acquisition of Treasury StocksMay 21, 2002
SOFTBANK CORP. announces that the board of directors on May 21, 2002 decided to submit the following suggestion about the setting of limitation to acquisition of treasury stocks in compliance with Article 210. of the commercial law to the 22nd regular general meeting to be held on June 21, 2002 (Friday).
1. Reason for setting limitation to treasury stocks acquisition
To allow a more flexible and active effect of capital strategies to meet with changes in the economic environment etc.
2. Description of treasury stocks acquisition
(1) Type and number of the stocks
common stocks of SOFTBANK CORP. up to 30,000,000 stocks(Upper limit)
(equivalent to 8.9% of total number of stocks issued)
(2) Total acquisition cost of the stocks
up to 60 billion yen(Upper limit)
- *The above conditions will not be effective until the bill “about acquisition of treasury stocks” is approved by the 22nd regular general meeting to be held on June 21, 2002.
This Press Release may contain “material information” as defined in Article 166 of the Securities and Exchange Law (“Material Information”). Please note that any person who has obtained information by reading a Press Release (including this one) containing Material Information may be subject to the “Insider Trading” Law if such person engages in purchase or sale of securities of the Company and/or affiliates thereof, within twelve (12) hours of the release of such Material Information pursuant to the Cabinet Order for Enforcement of the Securities and Exchange Law.
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.