“Yahoo! BB” Comprehensive Broadband Service Progress ReportOct. 8, 2002
SOFTBANK CORP. reports the progress of “Yahoo! BB” comprehensive broadband service provided by wholly owned subsidiary, BB Technologies Corporation (Headquarter: Chuo-ku, Tokyo; President & CEO: Masayoshi Son) and Yahoo Japan Corporation (Headquarter: Minato-ku, Tokyo; President & CEO: Masahiro Inoue; Security Code: 4689).
|End of September 2002||Monthly increase|
|Number of Yahoo! BB lines installed*||Approx. 1,011,000||Approx. 126,000|
|Number of BB phone users*||Approx.520,000||Approx.107,000|
|Number of central offices ready for||1,300||68|
- *The number of Yahoo! BB lines installed includes approx. 26,000 lines serviced by Metallic Communications Group companies.
- *The number of BB phone users is based on those users whose registration is completed for BB phone service.
The number of “Yahoo! BB” lines installed broke the million mark in late September, faster than any other service provider in Korea, the U.S. or anywhere else in the world. Since the launch of the commercial service in September last year, “Yahoo BB” has attracted a loyal customer base due to its unparalleled low price of 2,280 yen~ per month*1 and offer of state-of-the-art services such as “BB Phone” as part of its standard ADSL service.
Month-on-month figures are growing steadily thanks to the launch in August 2002 of the “Yahoo! BB 12M° commercial service, offering an ADSL access service with a maximum downstream rate of 12 Mbps*2 and the “Yahoo! BB 12M with wireless LAN Package” trial service using an integrated modem for ADSL access, IP phone and wireless LAN services, “Yahoo! BB Trio modem 12M”.
The SOFTBANK Group wishes to contribute to society by providing innovative broadband telecommunications infrastructure and services such as “Yahoo! BB” that enrich the means of human communication.
- *1“Yahoo! BB” service fee does not include modem rental fees, or NTT line charges, or monthly subscriber base rates.
- *2ADSL services are provided on a “best-effort” basis; the transmission speed is not guaranteed.
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.