Announcement on Business and Capital Alliance with INVOICE INC.Aug. 10, 2005
SOFTBANK CORP. announces that the company has reached a basic agreement with INVOICE INC. (Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; President and CEO :Ikuo Kimura, hereinafter "Invoice") to enter into a basic consensus on the Business and Capital Alliance Agreement under the following terms and conditions
1. Objective of the Business and Capital Alliance with Invoice
Invoice is successful in the telecommunication business, having good relationship with corporate customers and strong sales forces, principally in the field of integrated communication services for corporate users. The main objective of the alliance is to achieve a rapid growth in terms of customer base, sales and profitability in our fixed-line telecommunication business, by making full use of Invoice’s sales and marketing networks.
2. Outline of the Business Alliance with Invoice
(1) JAPAN TELECOM CO., LTD., wholly-owned subsidiary of the company (Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; President and CEO :Hideki Kurashige, hereinafter "Japan Telecom") and Invoice will establish a joint venture company to be called "JAPAN TELECOM INVOICE Co., Ltd." This joint venture enhances sales promotion of "Otoku Line" along with its billing and settlement services.
(2)Outline of the joint venture company
Corporate Name JAPAN TELECOM INVOICE CO., LTD. Head Office 1-9-1, Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo Representative Ikuo Kimura Capital 10 billion yen Controlling shares
- Japan Telecom: 14.9%
- Invoice: 85.1%
3. Outline of the Capital Alliance with Invoice
For the purpose of making our current collaborative business relationship even closer, the company will make a new capital investment in Invoice.
|Method of capital investment||allocation of new shares to the company.|
|Type of new shares||Ordinary Shares, 450,857 shares|
|Issuing Price||11,090 yen, being the average closing price of Tokyo Stock Exchange 1st Division during the period from May 11, 2005 to August 9, 2005 (with any fraction of less than 10 yen being rounded up), or, the closing stock price as on the date of execution of the Agreement (August 9, 2005), whichever is lower.|
|Amount of Capital Investment||About 5 billion yen|
|Controlling share||about 5 %|
|Due date of payment||August 31, 2005|
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.