Announcement of dividend receipt from a consolidated subsidiaryDec. 22, 2005
SOFTBANK CORP. (“the Company”) announced that it today received dividend from SOFTBANK Holdings Inc. (Head Office: Delaware, USA; Representative: Ronald Fisher; hereafter “SBH”), its wholly-owned subsidiary. The details are as follows
(1) Amount of dividend received: $86 million
(Approx. 10.1 billion yen; converted amount in yen at an exchange rate of 117.64 yen / $ on December 22, 2005)
(2) Date of dividend receipt: December 22, 2005
2. Impact both on Stand-alone and Consolidated financial results
As a result of the above-mentioned transaction, the Company expects to record dividend income of 10.1 billion yen in the 3rd quarter of the fiscal year ending March 2006, as non-operating profit, which will result in the increase of 6 billion yen in net profit after deducting 4.1 billion yen of tax expenses, in stand-alone accounting.
On the other hand, dividend income will be eliminated in consolidated accounting. Therefore the Company expects to record 4.1 billion yen of tax expenses, resulting in decrease of the same amount in net profit.
- *The above tax expenses are tentatively calculated by multiplying dividend income with the effective tax rate of 40.69%.)
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.