Additional sale of shares held in SBI Holdings, Inc.Aug. 2, 2006
SOFTBANK CORP. (“SOFTBANK”) announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary SOFTBANK AM CORPORATION (head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; representative: Takashi Okubo; “SBAM”) sold all of its shares held in SBI Holdings, Inc. (head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; representative: Yoshitaka Kitao, “SBI”) as follows:
1. Outline of the sale
|(1) Shares sold||2,134,811.21 common shares of SBI|
|(2) Sold to||Goldman Sachs (Japan) Ltd.
(to be resold to institutional investors)
|(3) Proceeds of the sale||to be determined|
|(4) Use of proceeds||to repay for borrowings and finance businesses|
2. Change in the Group’s shareholdings following the sale
|Equity interest ratio||Number of shares held||Total number of outstanding shares|
|Before the sale (as of August 1, 2006)||19.2%||2,134,811.21 shares||11,114,750.64 shares|
|After the sale (as of August 2, 2006)||- %||- shares||11,114,750.64 shares|
- *1Equity interest ratio before the sale is calculated by subtracting own shares held by SBI (including SBI shares held by affiliates of SBI).
- *2The number of shares held before the sale represents indirect share interest by SBAM.
- *3The total number of outstanding shares before the sale excludes own shares held by SBI (including SBI shares held by affiliates of SBI).
3. Impact on the consolidated financial results
SOFTBANK is currently unable to calculate the proceeds from the sale because such amount is affected by marketing performance to institutional investors by Goldman Sachs (Japan) Ltd. The amount will be separately disclosed as soon as it is finalized.
Though the sale of shares has eliminated capital ties with SBI, SOFTBANK will maintain its friendly relationship with SBI through business partnerships and continue to work on developing a broadband society.
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.