Revision of the SOFTBANK Group Brand RoyaltyOctober 28, 2010
SOFTBANK CORP. (hereafter “the Company”) announces that it has revised its brand royalty from its subsidiaries that use the “SOFTBANK” brand as follows.
1. Outline of revision of brand royalty
The Company is the pure holding company of the SOFTBANK Group and it has been receiving the brand royalty from its subsidiaries using the “SOFTBANK” brand since 2007 for proper management of the brand and enhancement of the brand value. According to the improved brand value, the Company has revised the brand royalty and its calculation formula. This revision will be applied from the second quarter of the fiscal year ending March 2011.
2. Subsidiaries object to the royalty (as of October 28, 2010)
A total of 24 companies, including SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp., SOFTBANK TELECOM Corp., SOFTBANK BB Corp., and SOFTBANK TECHNOLOGY CORP.
3. Impact on non-consolidated financial results
Under the revised standards the brand royalty calculated based on the previous fiscal year financial results of the subsidiaries object to the royalty has the following effect on the Company's non-consolidated financial results.
|Impact on net sales||Approx. JPY 17.8 billion|
|Impact on ordinary income||Approx. JPY 17.8 billion|
|Impact on net income*||Approx. JPY 10.6 billion|
- *Subtract JPY 7.2 billion for the effect of income tax etc.（calculated at statutory income tax rate of 40.69%）
On a consolidated basis, the brand royalty recognized as net sales by the Company and the brand royalty recognized as expense by the relevant subsidiaries will be eliminated as internal transactions.
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.