Acquisition of Preferred Stock, etc. Issued to Vodafone GroupNovember 9, 2010
SOFTBANK CORP. (hereafter “the Company”) announces that the Company reached an agreement with Vodafone Group (hereafter “Vodafone”) on the acquisition of class 1 preferred stock and stock acquisition rights issued by the Company's consolidated subsidiary, BB Mobile Corp. (head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Representative: Masayoshi Son, hereafter “BBM”) to Vodafone in connection with the acquisition of Vodafone K.K. (currently SOFTBANK MOBILE Corp., head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Representative: Masayoshi Son, hereafter “SBM”), and a subordinated loan (long-term borrowings) by SBM from Vodafone. The details are as follows.
1. Transaction Summary
(1) Assets to be acquired from Vodafone
- (a) BBM Class 1 preferred stock – series 1 (1,500,000 shares)
- (b) BBM stock acquisition rights (245)
- (c) Principal and interest of SBM's subordinated loan (long-term borrowings)
(2) Acquisition Cost of Assets
JPY 412.5 billion in total for subparagraphs 1(1) (a) to (c)
(3) Planned Date of Acquisition
In December 2010
(4) Planned Payment Dates
|1st payment||In December 2010||JPY 212.5 billion|
|2nd payment||April 2, 2012||JPY 200.0 billion|
(5) Purpose of the Transaction
This transaction will enable the Company to enhance its flexibility in terms of business strategy and financial strategy for SBM.
2. Impact on Consolidated Financial Results
In connection with this transaction, the Company estimates that it will record approximately JPY 5.5 billion of special income in the consolidated financial statements for the third quarter of the fiscal year ending March 31, 2011. However, interest amount for SBM's subordinated loan (long-term borrowings) to be acquired from Vodafone has not yet been determined, as the date of acquisition has not been finalized as of the date of this announcement.
The aforementioned assets to be acquired through this transaction and liabilities and minority interest which were previously recorded on the consolidated balance sheets will offset each other and be eliminated as intercompany transactions. The 2nd payment of JPY 200.0 billion will be recorded as long term accounts payable in the consolidated balance sheets for the third quarter of the fiscal year ending March 31, 2011.
There is no change in the Company's aim to reduce its JPY 1,939,520 million of net interest-bearing debt as of the end of March 2009 by half over three years (by the end of March 2012) and to zero over six years (by the end of March 2015). The SOFTBANK Group and Vodafone will continue their close commercial partnership in the future.
Announcements regarding this transaction
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.