Announcement on Implementation of Interim Dividend and
July 31, 2012
Forecasts of Dividends for the Fiscal Year Ending March 2013
SOFTBANK CORP. (hereafter “the Company”) announces that it has decided to implement an interim dividend on July 31, 2012 for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013. In addition, the Company has decided the forecasts of interim and year-end dividend for this fiscal year as stated below.
1. Reason for the Decision to Implement Interim Dividend
The Company has distributed its surplus as a year-end dividend annually, and since sufficient profit is expected for the year ending March 31, 2013 as well, it has decided to implement an interim dividend to increase opportunities to return profit to shareholders. This applies to shareholders on record as of the base date of September 30, 2012.
A temporary account closing will be executed in order to implement the interim dividend. The profit of the six-month period ending September 30, 2012 (April 1, 2012 to September 30, 2012) will be included in the calculation of the amount available for distribution.
2. Forecast of Dividends for the Fiscal Year Ending March 31, 2013
|Dividend per Share (JPY)|
|Six-month Period End||Year-end||Total|
(announced on Apr. 26, 2012)
|Updated forecast||JPY 20.00||JPY 20.00||JPY 40.00|
|Fiscal year ended March 31, 2012 dividend paid||JPY 00.00||JPY 40.00||JPY 40.00|
- *The interim dividend amount and payout date will be resolved at a separate future Board of Directors meeting.
- *Year-end dividend is subject to the resolution of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders to be held in June 2013.
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.