Changes of Corporate Names of SoftBank Corp. and Subsidiary
May 11, 2015
SoftBank Corp. (the “Company”) announces that its Board of Directors resolved on May 11, 2015 to change corporate name of the Company as below, subject to the approval of partial changes in its Articles of Incorporation at the 35th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders scheduled to be held on June 19, 2015.
At SoftBank Mobile Corp. (“SoftBank Mobile”), a subsidiary of the Company, its Board of Directors also resolved to change its corporate name on May 11, 2015.
1. Change of Corporate Name of the Company
(1) Reason for the change
The Company decided to change its corporate name to “SoftBank Group Corp.” to clearly describe its position as a pure holding company in the Group in the course of further global development.
(2) New corporate name of the Company
SoftBank Group Corp.
(3) Scheduled date of the change
July 1, 2015
(4) Partial changes in the Articles of Incorporation
For the change of its corporate name, the Company will submit a proposal, “Partial Changes in the Articles of Incorporation” to the 35th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders scheduled to be held on June 19, 2015.
For the details of the changes, please refer to a press release “Partial Changes in the Articles of Incorporation” separately issued by the Company today.
2. Change of Corporate Name of Subsidiary
(1) Outline of the subsidiary (as of May 11, 2015）
|Current corporate name||SoftBank Mobile Corp.|
|Address||1-9-1 Higashi-Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo|
|Business description||Provision of mobile communications services, sale of mobile devices, provision of fixed-line telecommunications and ISP services|
|Common stock||JPY 177,251 million|
(2) Reason for the change
On April 1, 2015 SoftBank Mobile merged SoftBank BB Corp., SoftBank Telecom Corp. and Ymobile Corporation. With this merger, business domain of SoftBank Mobile was expanded to fixed-line telecommunications and ISP services, in addition to its original mobile communications services. Based on this expansion, SoftBank Mobile decided to change its corporate name to “SoftBank Corp.”
(3) New corporate name of the subsidiary
(4) Scheduled date of the change
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.