Concerning the Public Tender Offer for Shares
Aug. 3, 2001
in Tokyo Metallic Communications Corp.
DTH Marketing Corporation (Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Representative; Taro Hashimoto), which is a wholly owned subsidiary SOFTBANK Broadmedia Corporation (Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Representative ; Taro Hashimoto), a company that integrates our broadcasting and internet related businesses, will acquire shares in Tokyo Metallic Communications Corp. (Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Representative Director Taro Hashimoto) through a public tender offer. The details are as set forth below:
1. Description of Public Tender Offer
(1) Name of target company
Tokyo Metallic Communications Corp.
(2) Objective of tender offer
As part of the broadband strategy of our group, DTH Marketing Corporation, which is a company in our group, will on the basis of our company’s direction make an amicable public tender offer to increase its shareholding percentage of the target company which became a subsidiary under the recent public tender offer, and with the consent of its board of directors.
(3) Type of share certificates, etc., for which the public tender offer is to be made
Par value common shares (par value of 50,000 yen per share)
(4) Period of offer, offered price and number of shares expected to be purchased
- August 6, 2001 (Monday) through September 3, 2001 (Monday)
- 50,000 yen per share
- Number of shares
- 10,904 shares (projected purchase volume)
(5) Percentage of ownership of share certificates, etc., on the part of the public tender offerer after the tender offer, as well as the percentage of ownership of share certificates, etc., specially related persons on the date of public notice of commencing the public tender offer, and total thereof
|Percentage of ownership of share certificates, etc., on the part of the public tender offerer, after the tender offer||100%|
|Percentage of ownership of share certificates, etc., on the part of specially related persons on the date of public notice of commencing the public tender offer||None|
(6) Existence of consent target company or its directors in connection with the public tender offer
The target company has consented to the offer.
(7) Funds required for the offer
561.7 million yen
(8) Future plans, etc.
We are continuing to study the optimum business structure for our purposes of the earliest completion of our broadband strategy.
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.