Equity in earnings under the equity Method by issue of new shares in E*TRADE SECURITIES Co., Ltd.Dec. 9, 2005
SOFTBANK CORP. (the “Company”) announced today that equity in earnings under the equity method accompanied by public offering of shares in E*TRADE SECURITIES Co., Ltd. (Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Representative: Taro Izuchi), consolidated subsidiary of SBI Holdings, Inc. (Head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Representative: Yoshitaka Kitao), affiliated company under the equity method of the Company, would be expected to be recognized as below.
1. Outline of public offering
|Price of public offering||683,380 yen per share|
|Number of shares to be issued||66,000 shares|
- *1The above number of shares does not count the shares to be sold by secondary offering through over-allotment.
- *2For more details, refer to the press release by E*TRADE SECURITIES Co., Ltd. as of December 8, 2005 (in Japanese).
2. Impact on consolidated financial results
The Company estimates equity in earnings under the equity method of approximately 75 billion yen will be recognized as non-operating income in the 3rd quarter for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2006.
The SOFTBANK Group holds 35.6% of shares in SBI Holdings, Inc. as of today.
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.