Geniee and SoftBank Group Tie Up in Advertising BusinessOctober 14, 2014
SoftBank Mobile Corp.
Geniee, Inc. (“Geniee”) and SoftBank Mobile Corp. (“SoftBank Mobile”) today announced they have concluded a contract for a business tie up. Under the agreement, SoftBank Mobile will commence an SSP*1 business starting November 2014 in collaboration with Geniee to strengthen the SoftBank Group's Internet advertising business. Also in line with the contract, SoftBank Corp. will purchase 32.9% of Geniee's outstanding shares.*2
Since its foundation in 2010, Geniee has utilized ad technology to become one of Japan's largest SSP operators. Geniee also created the “RTB*3 Market” as a new market in Japan through its promotion of programmatic buying*4, a system that maximizes revenues for Internet media publishers.
With this alliance, Geniee will provide SSP to SoftBank Mobile, and SoftBank Mobile will in turn utilize this SSP to maximize Internet advertising revenues within the SoftBank Group. As a result, advertisers will be able to bid for ad slots using RTB on the various digital advertising mediums of SoftBank Mobile and other SoftBank Group companies. More than ever before, advertisers will be able to deliver real-time and efficient Internet advertising that matches user demographics.
Through this tie up, Geniee and the SoftBank Group will strive to lead Japan's Internet advertising industry and further expand their businesses.
- *1SSP: abbreviation for Supply Side Platforms, advertising platforms that maximize revenues for media publishers.
- *2This investment will be made through SB Pan Pacific Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SoftBank Corp.
- *3RTB: abbreviation for Real-time Bidding, a system where ad slot buying is conducted online. For every advertising impression generated, ad slot bidding takes place based on user demographics and posted sites to decide on ad delivery.
- *4A system that enables automatic bidding for ad slots based on user demographics, advertisers' placement conditions and other data.
About Geniee, Inc.
|Company name||Geniee, Inc.|
|Established||April 14, 2010|
|Representative||Tomoaki Kudo, President & CEO|
|Headquarters||Kurosaki Building 3F, 4-1-4 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo|
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.