Change of Representative Director (Additional Appointment)
June 22, 2016
SoftBank Group Corp.
SoftBank Group Corp. (“SBG”) announces that on June 22, 2016 its Board of Directors resolved to additionally appoint the Representative Director as follows.
1. Reason for the Change (Additional Appointment)
In response to Nikesh Arora, who had served as Representative director, president & COO, resigning from the Board at the closing of the 36th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders held today as announced in “Change of Representative Director (Resignation)” dated June 21, 2016, SBG has elected Ken Miyauchi as Representative director, president & COO of SBG in pursuit of enhancement of the management structure. Miyauchi currently serves as Director of SBG and also as President & CEO of SoftBank Corp.
Masayoshi Son remains as Chairman & CEO, and will keep leading SBG and the Group in various aspects.
2. Name and Title of New Representative Director
|New Title||Name||Current Title|
president & COO
3. Biography of New Representative Director
|Date of birth||November 1, 1949|
|Biography||Feb. 1977||Joined Japan Management Association|
|Oct. 1984||Joined SoftBank Corp. Japan
(currently SoftBank Group Corp.)
|Feb. 1988||Director, SoftBank Corp. Japan|
|Apr. 2006||Executive vice president, director & COO,
Vodafone K.K. (currently SoftBank Corp.)
|June 2007||Representative director & COO,
SoftBank Mobile Corp. (currently SoftBank Corp.)
|June 2012||Director, Yahoo Japan Corporation (to present)|
|Apr. 2013||Representative director, executive vice president, SoftBank Corp. (currently SoftBank Group Corp.)|
|June 2013||Representative director, senior executive vice president, SoftBank Corp.|
|Jan. 2014||Director, Brightstar Global Group Inc.|
|Apr. 2015||President & CEO, SoftBank Mobile Corp.
(currently SoftBank Corp.; to present)
|June 2015||Director, SoftBank Corp.
(currently SoftBank Group Corp.; to present)
|Mar. 2016||Representative, SoftBank Group Japan GK (to present)|
|Significant concurrent positions||
|Number of shares held in SBG||1,101,230 shares (as of March 31, 2016)|
4. Date of Change
June 22, 2016
5. List of Directors After the Change
|Chairman & CEO||Masayoshi Son|
|Representative director, president & COO||Ken Miyauchi|
|Director||Ronald D. Fisher|
|Full-time Audit & Supervisory Board member||Tatsuhiro Murata|
|Maurice Atsushi Toyama|
|Audit & Supervisory Board member||Soichiro Uno|
- *1Directors, Messrs. Tadashi Yanai and Shigenobu Nagamori are external directors.
- *2Audit & Supervisory Board members, Messrs. Maurice Atsushi Toyama, Soichiro Uno, Koichi Shibayama, and Hidekazu Kubokawa are external Audit & Supervisory Board members.
- *A certain footnote was corrected on June 23, 2016.
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.