Change in scope of consolidation and application of the equity methodAug. 8, 2006
Associated with the acquisition of Vodafone K.K., the scale of the SOFTBANK Group has now grown to consolidated net sales of over 2 trillion yen and 4 trillion yen worth total assets. Considering this situation and based on the standpoint of materiality on consolidated financial statements, SOFTBANK CORP. (“SOFTBANK”) reviewed and changed its scope of consolidation and application of the equity method from the first quarter for the fiscal year ending March 2007.
The details of the change are as follows.
1. Change from consolidated subsidiary to non-consolidated subsidiary
40 entities in total
2. Change from equity-method affiliate to non-equity-method affiliate
18 entities in total
3. Impacts on consolidated financial statements by the change in scope of consolidation
|(1) Decrease in net sales||952 million yen|
|(2) Decrease in net income||114 million yen|
|(3) Increase in retained earnings||361 million yen|
|(4) Decrease in total assets||5,545 million yen|
- *All the above figures are the actual impacts reflected in the first quarter for the fiscal year ending in March 2007. The decrease in net income is a simple sum of SOFTBANK’s portion in the excluded entities.
4. Date of change in scope of consolidation
1 April, 2006
(1) Change from consolidated subsidiary to non-consolidated subsidiary
Broadband Infrastructure Segment(4 entities)
- BT Consulting Co., Ltd.
- Green Field Co., Ltd.
- Asia Vision Japan Inc.
- BB Backbone Corporation
Fixed-line Telecommunications Segment(9 entities)
- BBIX, Inc.
- Japan Telecom Singapore PTE LTD.
- JTOS CO., LTD.
- JAPAN TELECOM INSURANCE AGENCY CO., LTD
- Japan Telecom China Co., Ltd.
- JAPAN TELECOM AMERICA, INC.
- Japan Telecom UK Ltd.
- TE Co. LTD.
- Japan Telecom Information Service Co., Ltd
Internet Culture Segment(6 entities)
- GeoCities Japan Corporation
- broadcast.com japan k.k.
- Surfmonkey Asia Inc.
- BridalConcierge Corp
- CURIOCITY CORP.
- . INFO PLANT SHANGHAI CO., LTD
e-Commerce Segment(8 entities)
- Ability Design, Ltd.
- SOFTBANK LOGISTICS CORPORATION
- Investoria Inc.
- DeeCorp Shanghai Limited
- COMMERCE OPERATION CORP.
- ValuMore Corporation
- CreativeBank Inc.
- Carview Agent Corporation
Other Businesses(13 entities)
- HOLLYWOOD CHANNEL INC.
- MOVIDA SOLUTIONS, Inc.
- EC Architects Corp.
- SOFTBANK MOBILE TECHNOLOGY CORP.
- EC RESEARCH CORP.
- JaJa entertainment corp.
- Fukuoka Real Estate
- ALISS-NET Co., Ltd.
- SBT Consulting Corp.
- SecureEther Marketing, Inc.
- AIP Bridge CORP.
- Realize Mobile Communications Corp.
- Net Vision
(2) Change from equity-method affiliate on to non-equity-method affiliate
Broadband Infrastructure Segment(5 entities)
- LAOX BB Corp.
- BB Marketing Corp.
- YAMADA BroadBand Corp.
- MPTBB, Inc.
- Macs BroadBand Corp.
e-Commerce Segment(5 entities)
- CJ Internet Japan Corp.
- Avanquest BB K.K.
- eBEST CORP.
- S&R Express Corporation
- CMnet corporation
Other Businesses(8 entities)
- Renaissance Academy Corporation
- USTC E-BUSINESS Technology Co., Ltd.
- E-Book Systems K.K.
- Tribeck Strategies Inc.
- e-Commerce Technology Corp.
- i2ts, inc.
- Englishtown Ltd.
- Orbis Co. Ltd.
- Releases, announcements, presentations and other information available from this page and elsewhere on this website were prepared based on information available and views held at the time of preparation and speak only as of the respective dates on which they are filed or used by SoftBank Group Corp. or the applicable group company, as the case may be. Such information is subject to change and may become out-of-date. Such information may also contain forward-looking statements which are by their nature subject to various risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results and future developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Please read legal notices in its entirety prior to viewing any information available on this website.